Painkiller Hell & Damnation, remake to the 2004 first-person shooter from developer People Can Fly, is coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 5, publisher Nordic Games announced.
The remake, which is developed by The Farm 51, was first released on PC earlier in October. The game will be available in North America at $29.99 on PlayStation 3 and $39.99 on Xbox 360.
"We have been working around the clock to bring the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game in line with the quality and standard of the PC game," says Reinhard Pollice, production and business manager of Nordic Games. "There has been a slight delay so that the console communities can enjoy the fiendishly ghoulish experience that we know they want and deserve. In taking this additional time to add the final touches, we know that players will realize that the best things do come to those who wait!"
Painkillers Hell & Damnation was initially slated to release to consoles on Jan. 22. The slightly delayed title features single player and co-operative play across its four chapters, in addition to a number of multiplayer modes.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free