Fallout 3 voice actor Erik Todd Dellums, the voice of Galaxy News Radio host DJ Three Dog, hinted at his character's return and the possibility of an upcoming Fallout-related announcement in a series of tweets late yesterday.
Dellums addressed fans of the character and Fallout 3, saying there "may be" more of him coming and stating he was "given permission" to share the teaser. He also retweeted a fan's tweet suggesting that the upcoming announcement would be related to either a Fallout sequel or film.
In August 2012 an anonymous Reddit user claiming that he "may or may not be" a Massachusetts Institute of Technology employee posted that Bethesda had been doing research in Boston, specifically around the university.
"Fallout 4 will take place in Boston," the user wrote. "In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston. They also have a strong connection to MIT."
The Fallout universe already has its own version of Massachusetts as well, the war-ravaged Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is also home to the Institute, a mysterious locale alluded to in the series and possibly the Fallout version of MIT.
Polygon has reached out to Bethesda for more details and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Flappy Bird could return, creator says
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Arma 3's final campaign episode, Win, coming March 20
- Titanfall - Overview video
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors coming to consoles and PC this summer
- PlayStation Home getting Trophy support March 12