Gazillion Entertainment's free-to-play superhero MMO Marvel Heroes is coming to Windows PC this spring, the developer announced today.
Gazillion also announced a Marvel Heroes Founders Program through which players can purchase limited-edition starter packs to gain early access to the game, as well as up-front in-game currency and pre-unlocked costumes. Players can purchase one of three tiered packs from the game's official website:
- Starter, £12.99 ($21): Players can choose from one of 16 different packs, each containing one of the game's starter superheroes, a bonus costume and £6 ($10) of in-game currency. Players will also have access to the game two days ahead of its official release.
- Premium, £39.99 ($64): Players can choose between one of seven packs containing four different heroes each, one of which is a special Deadpool pack. Each pack includes four costumes for the team, £20 ($32) of in-game currency, and access to the game four days before launch.
- Ultimate, £129.99 ($208): Contains all heroes and all alternate costumes available at launch, £32 ($51) of in-game currency, and permanent 5 percent boosts in experience and item finding. Buyers will also have access to the game a full week ahead of launch day.
"We've built Marvel Heroes from the ground up to be a free-to-play game where players can find and collect nearly every hero and costume in the game just by playing," said Gazillion president and COO David Brevik. "The Founders Program gives players the opportunity to play as their favorite hero from the day we launch in addition to enough in-game currency to buy more heroes and costumes as we release new content."
Marvel Heroes will be available for Mac sometime post-launch.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- How to lose a game of Stronghold Crusader 2