Riot Games announced details about the third season of the League of Legends Championship series today, with the tournament kicking off on Feb. 7 and running to Aug. 31.
Eight teams from North America and eight teams from Europe will battle for divisional dominance in a two-part season. The first half of the season will run from Feb. 7 to April 20 and the second half will run from June 1 to Aug. 31.
The top teams from each division after the second half of the season will move onto the World Championship tournament to compete for millions of dollars in prize money.
During the first half of the championship series North American teams will play on Thursdays and Fridays while European teams will compete on Saturdays and Sundays. The second half of the season will be structured similarly and divisional playoffs will determine which teams will represent their regions in the World Championships.
There will be midseason playoffs where teams will be able to play for separate prizes and an All-Star break showcase is also expected to run at some point where regions will be pitted against each other.
Riot Games hosted a Reddit Ask Me Anything thread today for players who have any questions about the third season of the championship series.
For more details, visit the League of Legends website.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer