The next-generation console support joins confirmed platform releases on Windows PC, Linux and Mac, along with current-gen support on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. Last week, developer Comcept USA said it will release Mighty No. 9 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One if the Kickstarter campaign hit the $3.3 million stretch goal.
PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS versions of Mighty No. 9 will be funded if the campaign achieves the $3.5 million stretch goal. Comcept USA is currently asking fans to vote on the design for heroine Call, a female robot created by Dr. Sanda to assist with research.
Mega Man 2 composer Takashi Tateishi will contribute to the production of Mighty No. 9's soundtrack, joining composers Ippo Yamada (Mega Man 9 and 10, Resident Evil) and Manami Matsumae (Mega Man 1, Mighty No.9 Main Theme).
Fans can watch a "super-short, super-rough" Unreal engine test in the video above. Using placeholder assets and animations, the test serves to see if the engine is a viable option for Mighty No. 9. The developer stresses that the game will not move, look or act as depicted in the engine test video.
At the time of writing, the fundraising campaign has collected more than $3.3 million in pledges from more than 57 thousand backers, with 18 hours to go before its conclusion. For information about Mighty No . 9, announced at a PAX Prime panel in August, be sure to check out our interview with Inafune where he chats about the game.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Invisible, Inc. is more interested in quiet observation than murder
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Polygon YouTube Channel