Microsoft's Xbox One will require a launch-day patch, and the download should take about 15-20 minutes to complete, corporate vice president Marc Whitten told IGN.
Microsoft revealed the required system update earlier this year, saying it would be "required for the system to function both online and offline." Whitten said yesterday that Microsoft is trying to make the process quick.
"We are optimizing Xbox One so that the day one update is as fast as possible," Whitten said. "While we're still finalizing the details, we expect that the download will take between 15 and 20 minutes for most users."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!