Microsoft's Xbox One will require a launch-day patch, and the download should take about 15-20 minutes to complete, corporate vice president Marc Whitten told IGN.
Microsoft revealed the required system update earlier this year, saying it would be "required for the system to function both online and offline." Whitten said yesterday that Microsoft is trying to make the process quick.
"We are optimizing Xbox One so that the day one update is as fast as possible," Whitten said. "While we're still finalizing the details, we expect that the download will take between 15 and 20 minutes for most users."
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine