Microsoft's Xbox One will require a launch-day patch, and the download should take about 15-20 minutes to complete, corporate vice president Marc Whitten told IGN.
Microsoft revealed the required system update earlier this year, saying it would be "required for the system to function both online and offline." Whitten said yesterday that Microsoft is trying to make the process quick.
"We are optimizing Xbox One so that the day one update is as fast as possible," Whitten said. "While we're still finalizing the details, we expect that the download will take between 15 and 20 minutes for most users."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)