The next PlayStation 3 update, which is coming today, will bring the console's system software to version 4.50 and open up automatic downloads to all PlayStation Network users, according to the European PlayStation Blog.
PlayStation Plus, a subscription service atop the free PSN service, launched in June 2010 with exclusive features such as automatic background downloads of PS3 firmware updates and of content from the PlayStation Store. Firmware version 4.50 will remove the PS Plus requirement for those two services.
In addition, the upcoming software will add privacy settings for PSN Trophies, allowing users to choose which of their Trophies are visible to other PSN users. And lastly, the 4.50 update will also let people transfer data wirelessly between a PS3 and a PlayStation Vita.
The most recent PS3 update, version 4.46, was released in late June.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?