Bohemia Interactive has announced that its Arma 3 DLC "Survive" campaign will be released on Oct. 31.
The Windows PC military simulation's first story campaign episode features a NATO peacekeeping soldier on a mission in the game's Mediterranean island setting. Open-world, near-future tactical shooter Arma 3 was released in September with single-player campaigns planned to follow as free downloadable content. The update will also include new content for the core game.
"It's an opportunity to provide yet more building blocks for the platform like new weapons, animations, 3D objects, scripted modules, each designed to grant content creators even greater freedom to create and share their own content," explained the game's creative director Jay Crowe. "Looking forward to the forthcoming episodes, we'll continue to expand Arma 3's sandbox with additions such as new vehicles."
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios