Google and Ingress developer Niantic Labs are inviting players to San Jose, Calif., Oct. 12 for a game-themed event.
That Saturday, Niantic hopes to have hundreds of Ingress players gathered for an event to feature "deep story, exercise, local exploration and fun social experiences." A gameplay session will take place from 1-5 p.m. PT, followed by a player/developer meet up from 5-7:30 p.m. PT. The San Jose event will be the first in an eight-week, 40-city tour for the game.
Ingress launched late last year and was created by members of team that created Google Earth, Maps and Street View. The alternate reality game uses events and locations in the real world to impact what happens in the game. You can download Ingress free through Google Play.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today