Developer Two Tribes no longer has plans to bring its expansion of Toki Tori 2 to Wii U systems following poor sales.
As a result, the studio will be abandoning earlier plans to release a Wii U level editor, a fact that one studio representative states is due to poor sales.
"We asked ourselves: is this big update really worth the additional investment?," reads the statement, "We also figured that if we release a level editor, it won't do much extra to the sales. When we weighed all the options, we unfortunately decided that it was the best option to move on and focus on a new game."
Despite this, the studio still attempted to find alternative solutions to the problem by speaking to both Valve and Nintendo about the possibility of integrating Steam onto the Wii U; However, this proved to be a dead end.
The developer spoke with both companies "to see if it was at possible in any way. But after discussions and technical investigations, it turned out to be a dead end as well. At least for now."
To recompensate fans, Two Tribes has said it will issue free copies of the Steam version on PC, which can be requested via Nintendo's Miiverse.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Grand Theft Auto 5's PC version will get an updated soundtrack