To compensate for Grand Theft Auto Online's rocky start, Rockstar Games will deposit $500,000 of in-game cash to players, according to a post on the developer's official site today.
The "stimulus package" will be available to those who've played anytime during Oct. 2013. The funds will arrive after title update 1.04 as two separate $250,000 deposits, "to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced." Rockstar will announce the dates of the deposits "as soon as possible," though it's hoping the first will be available by the end of next week and the second by the end of the month.
"For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet," the post reads.
You can follow along with Polygon's coverage of Grand Theft Auto Online's troubled launch, including this week's patch, in our StoryStream. For more on Grand Theft Auto 5, you can also check out our review, with was recently updated to encompass Grand Theft Auto Online.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!