The U.K. electronics retailer Game is selling Pokemon X and Y today, despite its Oct. 12 street date.
A Game store in Bournemouth announced in a tweet that "all Game stores" will be selling the game beginning today.
A representative for the company contacted online today explained the sales are possible because "a competitor broke street date - so other retailers can now sell this title." When asked, the representative said they were "unable to give you information on the competitor - you will need to contact Nintendo regards [sic.] this."
Nintendo recently published a pamphlet warning Brazilian retailers that the company would withhold all future shipments if they began selling Pokemon X and Y before Oct. 12.
Pokemon X and Y are scheduled to be released tomorrow worldwide. For more on the game that serves as "the renovation this series has deserved for over a decade," be sure to read Polygon's review.
Shaun McIlroy contributed to this report.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?