The U.K. electronics retailer Game is selling Pokemon X and Y today, despite its Oct. 12 street date.
A Game store in Bournemouth announced in a tweet that "all Game stores" will be selling the game beginning today.
A representative for the company contacted online today explained the sales are possible because "a competitor broke street date - so other retailers can now sell this title." When asked, the representative said they were "unable to give you information on the competitor - you will need to contact Nintendo regards [sic.] this."
Nintendo recently published a pamphlet warning Brazilian retailers that the company would withhold all future shipments if they began selling Pokemon X and Y before Oct. 12.
Pokemon X and Y are scheduled to be released tomorrow worldwide. For more on the game that serves as "the renovation this series has deserved for over a decade," be sure to read Polygon's review.
Shaun McIlroy contributed to this report.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Game contoller for PC
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS