The U.K. electronics retailer Game is selling Pokemon X and Y today, despite its Oct. 12 street date.
A Game store in Bournemouth announced in a tweet that "all Game stores" will be selling the game beginning today.
A representative for the company contacted online today explained the sales are possible because "a competitor broke street date - so other retailers can now sell this title." When asked, the representative said they were "unable to give you information on the competitor - you will need to contact Nintendo regards [sic.] this."
Nintendo recently published a pamphlet warning Brazilian retailers that the company would withhold all future shipments if they began selling Pokemon X and Y before Oct. 12.
Pokemon X and Y are scheduled to be released tomorrow worldwide. For more on the game that serves as "the renovation this series has deserved for over a decade," be sure to read Polygon's review.
Shaun McIlroy contributed to this report.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?