Sony Santa Monica says it will not produce any new downloadable content for God of War: Ascension's multiplayer mode, but will continue to support the PlayStation 3 game with balance updates and online support. The God of War team, community strategist Aaron Kaufman wrote on the PlayStation Blog, is transitioning to other projects at Sony Santa Monica Studio.
A balance update for Ascension is expected to roll out later this month, the developer said. After that, the team will "be monitoring online 24/7" for balance exploits, which it pledges to fix.
Next week, on Oct. 15, God of War: Ascension will be released as a downloadable title on PlayStation Network, with discounts planned for all currently available DLC. The God of War: Ascension soundtrack will be released as a free download as well, for a limited time.
If you're just now considering picking up the most recent God of War, read our review of the PS3 game.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth