Sony Santa Monica says it will not produce any new downloadable content for God of War: Ascension's multiplayer mode, but will continue to support the PlayStation 3 game with balance updates and online support. The God of War team, community strategist Aaron Kaufman wrote on the PlayStation Blog, is transitioning to other projects at Sony Santa Monica Studio.
A balance update for Ascension is expected to roll out later this month, the developer said. After that, the team will "be monitoring online 24/7" for balance exploits, which it pledges to fix.
Next week, on Oct. 15, God of War: Ascension will be released as a downloadable title on PlayStation Network, with discounts planned for all currently available DLC. The God of War: Ascension soundtrack will be released as a free download as well, for a limited time.
If you're just now considering picking up the most recent God of War, read our review of the PS3 game.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios