PC players who already own Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be able "augment" their copy with the game's Director's Cut at a heavily discounted price, Phil Elliott, head of community at Square Enix Europe announced on the Square Enix blog.
Owners of Deus Ex and Missing Link DLC can grab the Director's Cut for $4.99. (£3.49/€3.99). Those who don't own the game can purchase the Director's Cut for $19.99 (£12.99/€19.99) and players who own the game without DLC can buy it for $9.99 (£6.99/€7.99). The upgrade offer only applies to the Steam version of the stealth game.
"Pretty straightforward, and that means that if you did invest in Human Revolution in the past, we're not trying to stitch you up with the Director's Cut, m'kay?" Elliott wrote.
In development for 18 months, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut includes the game's downloadable expansion, The Missing Link, the Explosive Mission Pack, the Tactical Enhancement Pack, an additional called mission "Tong's Rescue" and boss fight enhancements. The second-screen functionality will be introduced to the PlayStation 3 via PS Vita and on Xbox 360 through SmartGlass.
"Not only that, but there's a New Game + feature, so you can replay through the action with all your previously-earned upgrades intact (which, trust me, is a LOT of fun)," Elliott wrote. "There are developer commentaries (English-only) plus the original Making-of video."
The Director's Cut will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 for $29.99, Wii U for $49.99 and Windows PC on Oct. 22. It will release in PAL regions on Oct. 25. Check out the video to witness the features of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut in action.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us