Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will launch globally in 2014 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, Mat Kishimoto associate product manager at Square Enix outlined on the PlayStation blog today.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will feature two games previously only released in Japan and Nintendo DS title Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, which will feature overhauled high definition cinematics. The two action role-playing games about to make their western debuts are PlayStation 2 title Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix —Kingdom Hearts 2 was released in western markets in 2006 — and PlayStation Portable game Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix.
"I'm so excited to be able to see all of these games included as a part of this compilation, but personally, the most exciting title may be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix," Kishimoto wrote. "As many may not have been able to experience its awesomeness, it's truly one of the more phenomenal games, and now completely rebuilt in HD — you'll be able to play it on your big-screen TV for the first time."
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix was initially announced during the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage panel at the D23 Fan Expo in Japan. The panel included series director Tetsuya Nomura and producer Shinji Hashimoto, as well as voice actors Miyu Irino, Mamoru Miyano and Kouki Uchiyama.
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix hit PlayStation 3 on Sept. 10. It consisted of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and the cutscenes of 358/2 Days.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28