Characters lost during the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will not be restored, Rockstar confirmed in an update on its support page.
This follows last week's announcement of a cash stimulus package for users of the multiplayer title said to offer $500,000 of in-game cash as consolation for launch difficulties.
"For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we're giving out this month will help you get back on your feet or to make your new life in Los Santos & Blaine extra sweet," reads a statement from Rockstar. This is a shift from the company's earlier statement which did not clarify whether lost characters would make a return.
We've contacted Rockstar for further information and will update as it comes.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)