Characters lost during the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will not be restored, Rockstar confirmed in an update on its support page.
This follows last week's announcement of a cash stimulus package for users of the multiplayer title said to offer $500,000 of in-game cash as consolation for launch difficulties.
"For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we're giving out this month will help you get back on your feet or to make your new life in Los Santos & Blaine extra sweet," reads a statement from Rockstar. This is a shift from the company's earlier statement which did not clarify whether lost characters would make a return.
We've contacted Rockstar for further information and will update as it comes.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign