The new PlayStation Vita model can be charged with a standard micro USB smartphone charger, according to a tweet from Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.
Yoshida tweeted that smartphone battery chargers can be used with the PCH-2000 model, which was announced last month during Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference. The handheld is currently available in Japan and Sony has made no announcement on an international release.
"You'll be glad: when using a PS Vita 2000, it can be charged [using a] smartphone Micro USB," he tweeted.
Polygon has reached out to Sony about the new Vita's charging options, and will share more details as we have them.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine