The new PlayStation Vita model can be charged with a standard micro USB smartphone charger, according to a tweet from Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.
Yoshida tweeted that smartphone battery chargers can be used with the PCH-2000 model, which was announced last month during Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference. The handheld is currently available in Japan and Sony has made no announcement on an international release.
"You'll be glad: when using a PS Vita 2000, it can be charged [using a] smartphone Micro USB," he tweeted.
Polygon has reached out to Sony about the new Vita's charging options, and will share more details as we have them.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28