The new PlayStation Vita model can be charged with a standard micro USB smartphone charger, according to a tweet from Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.
Yoshida tweeted that smartphone battery chargers can be used with the PCH-2000 model, which was announced last month during Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference. The handheld is currently available in Japan and Sony has made no announcement on an international release.
"You'll be glad: when using a PS Vita 2000, it can be charged [using a] smartphone Micro USB," he tweeted.
Polygon has reached out to Sony about the new Vita's charging options, and will share more details as we have them.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?