The new PlayStation Vita model can be charged with a standard micro USB smartphone charger, according to a tweet from Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.
Yoshida tweeted that smartphone battery chargers can be used with the PCH-2000 model, which was announced last month during Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference. The handheld is currently available in Japan and Sony has made no announcement on an international release.
"You'll be glad: when using a PS Vita 2000, it can be charged [using a] smartphone Micro USB," he tweeted.
Polygon has reached out to Sony about the new Vita's charging options, and will share more details as we have them.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us