Sportsfriends, the Kickstarter-funded compilation of local multiplayer games that includes Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Super Pole Riders and Hokra, is coming to PlayStation 4, producer Doug Wilson announced on the PlayStation Blog.
The game collection had previously been announced for PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac, but the developer said last month it was hoping to release a next-gen version of Sportsfriends.
Kickstarter backers who opted for the PS3 version of the game, Wilson said, will get a copy of the PS4 version for free. "For everyone else, we're still determining whether we'll be doing cross-buy," Wilson wrote.
Developer Die Gute Fabrik, responsible for PlayStation Move battle game J.S. Joust, is aiming for a January release for the PS3 version of Sportsfriends, with the PS4 version expected "in the not-so-distant future." Wilson teases that J.S. Joust may add support for the PS4's DualShock 4 controller, which comes equipped with its own light bar.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes