The third entry in Stardock's Galactic Civilizations series of 4X space strategy games is coming exclusively to 64-bit PCs, the company announced today, heralding "a new era of game development at Stardock," according to a release.
Galactic Civilizations 3 promises a host of new features, including online multiplayer, a new diplomacy system that opens non-military paths to victory and "vastly improved" visuals.
"The technology allows players to experience a level of graphical detail and on-screen activity unprecedented in large-scale strategy PC games," said Stardock Entertainment vice president Derek Paxton. "It dramatically increases the size and scope of the maps, and opens the door for modders to add a virtually unlimited amount of new content to the game."
Additional gameplay changes coming to Galactic Civilizations 3 include new interstellar terrain elements like black holes and an overhauled ship builder that lets players control "nearly every element of starship design."
While Stardock did not reveal a release timeframe, the developer is opening up a pre-order program through its website. Players who purchase the $39.99 "Founder's Edition" will get early beta access to the game and $10 off the normal price. A $99.99 "Founder's Elite Edition" includes all future expansions and downloadable content, access to the Gal Civ 3 alpha and the right to name an in-game star.
More details are available at the Galactic Civilizations 3 website.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?