Shown during the recent D23 Expo in Japan, a new PlayStation 4 gameplay trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 highlights the game's new abilities, attacks and enemies.
According to game director Tetsuya Nomura, the new title will "wrap up story elements present since the first game," yet the series will continue beyond Kingdom Hearts 3. The battles that the series' characters have been fighting for the past decade will come to a head in the game and that a particular long-fought enemy will meet its demise.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is expected to release on next-generation consoles the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; however, a release date is yet to be announced. The action role-playing game is now available for pre-order for $59.99 from online retailers, such as GameStop and Amazon.
It was also revealed during the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage panel at the D23 Expo that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will launch globally in 2014 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?