Shown during the recent D23 Expo in Japan, a new PlayStation 4 gameplay trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 highlights the game's new abilities, attacks and enemies.
According to game director Tetsuya Nomura, the new title will "wrap up story elements present since the first game," yet the series will continue beyond Kingdom Hearts 3. The battles that the series' characters have been fighting for the past decade will come to a head in the game and that a particular long-fought enemy will meet its demise.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is expected to release on next-generation consoles the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; however, a release date is yet to be announced. The action role-playing game is now available for pre-order for $59.99 from online retailers, such as GameStop and Amazon.
It was also revealed during the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage panel at the D23 Expo that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will launch globally in 2014 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart