Those who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 bundled with Watch Dogs from Amazon will still receive a console, according to a statement posted on Amazon's official Facebook page.
"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle — don't worry — you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," the post reads. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."
A Product Alert on the bundle's Amazon page reinforces the Facebook announcement, saying that "All orders for the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle will keep their place in line."
Update: A representative from GameStop told Polygon that the company will be in touch with those who've ordered the Watch Dogs bundles for PS4 and Xbox One to explain their options.
"With the news that Ubisoft has delayed the release of the highly-anticipated title Watch Dogs until next year, GameStop is contacting customers who had reserved PlayStation 4 and Xbox One bundles featuring the game," a statement provided to Polygon reads. "Customers can elect to keep their current bundle orders and their consoles will ship as scheduled with the game shipping separately once it is available, or customers can choose another bundle to replace their current order. Customers should also note that there may be a difference in the price if selecting another bundle and that all reserved orders will be charged upon shipment."
Update 2: In a series of tweets this morning on its official Twitter account, U.K. retailer Game reassured those who've pre-ordered the PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs bundle that they'll still receive a console on launch day.
"(4/4) Watch_Dogs PS4 Console Bundle: Your PS4 remains secure for launch," the final tweet reads. "We will be in touch with you all shortly to arrange an alternative."
As for the software component of the pre-orders, those "will remain secure (both online and in-store) with us until day of release next year."
Update 3: Amazon has confirmed that folks who had the Watch Dogs PS4 bundle pre-ordered will receive a non-bundled PS4 on launch day, and that the price difference between the two — the bundle was $459, while the standalone console is $399 — will be refunded.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Games for Change goes mainstream with the help of Tribeca Film Festival
- Wasteland 2 adds Linux support in major Early Access update
- This is how you get a lightsaber in Disney Infinity
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth videos detail damage-dealing Boost system
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC