Those who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 bundled with Watch Dogs from Amazon will still receive a console, according to a statement posted on Amazon's official Facebook page.
"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle — don't worry — you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," the post reads. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."
A Product Alert on the bundle's Amazon page reinforces the Facebook announcement, saying that "All orders for the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle will keep their place in line."
Update: A representative from GameStop told Polygon that the company will be in touch with those who've ordered the Watch Dogs bundles for PS4 and Xbox One to explain their options.
"With the news that Ubisoft has delayed the release of the highly-anticipated title Watch Dogs until next year, GameStop is contacting customers who had reserved PlayStation 4 and Xbox One bundles featuring the game," a statement provided to Polygon reads. "Customers can elect to keep their current bundle orders and their consoles will ship as scheduled with the game shipping separately once it is available, or customers can choose another bundle to replace their current order. Customers should also note that there may be a difference in the price if selecting another bundle and that all reserved orders will be charged upon shipment."
Update 2: In a series of tweets this morning on its official Twitter account, U.K. retailer Game reassured those who've pre-ordered the PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs bundle that they'll still receive a console on launch day.
"(4/4) Watch_Dogs PS4 Console Bundle: Your PS4 remains secure for launch," the final tweet reads. "We will be in touch with you all shortly to arrange an alternative."
As for the software component of the pre-orders, those "will remain secure (both online and in-store) with us until day of release next year."
Update 3: Amazon has confirmed that folks who had the Watch Dogs PS4 bundle pre-ordered will receive a non-bundled PS4 on launch day, and that the price difference between the two — the bundle was $459, while the standalone console is $399 — will be refunded.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Destiny of Spirits hits PlayStation Vita on March 25
- When a successful game is a failure
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- Watch Dogs open-world multiplayer will host up to eight players
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Here's how Twitch will work on Xbox One
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)