Those who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 bundled with Watch Dogs from Amazon will still receive a console, according to a statement posted on Amazon's official Facebook page.
"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle — don't worry — you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," the post reads. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."
A Product Alert on the bundle's Amazon page reinforces the Facebook announcement, saying that "All orders for the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle will keep their place in line."
Update: A representative from GameStop told Polygon that the company will be in touch with those who've ordered the Watch Dogs bundles for PS4 and Xbox One to explain their options.
"With the news that Ubisoft has delayed the release of the highly-anticipated title Watch Dogs until next year, GameStop is contacting customers who had reserved PlayStation 4 and Xbox One bundles featuring the game," a statement provided to Polygon reads. "Customers can elect to keep their current bundle orders and their consoles will ship as scheduled with the game shipping separately once it is available, or customers can choose another bundle to replace their current order. Customers should also note that there may be a difference in the price if selecting another bundle and that all reserved orders will be charged upon shipment."
Update 2: In a series of tweets this morning on its official Twitter account, U.K. retailer Game reassured those who've pre-ordered the PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs bundle that they'll still receive a console on launch day.
"(4/4) Watch_Dogs PS4 Console Bundle: Your PS4 remains secure for launch," the final tweet reads. "We will be in touch with you all shortly to arrange an alternative."
As for the software component of the pre-orders, those "will remain secure (both online and in-store) with us until day of release next year."
Update 3: Amazon has confirmed that folks who had the Watch Dogs PS4 bundle pre-ordered will receive a non-bundled PS4 on launch day, and that the price difference between the two — the bundle was $459, while the standalone console is $399 — will be refunded.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless platformer, not a little 'throwaway game'
- Ambitious, beautiful multiplayer space combat game GoD Factory: Wingmen launches today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28