A revised version of platform puzzle game Toki Tori has successfully passed Nintendo certification for a Wii U release in North American and European regions, developer Two Tribes announced today.
In a tweet via the company's official Twitter account, Two Tribes stated that it is now awaiting a release date confirmation. It is aiming for an Oct. 31 launch, saying it intends to keep its promise of an October release window.
Toki Tori originally launched on the Game Boy Color in September 2001. It has seen enhanced remakes released across Android, Linux, iOS, OS X, WiiWare, OnLive, Windows, Windows Mobile, Virtual Console and the PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3.
The sequel, Toki Tori 2, was originally scheduled to launch last year on Nintendo's console but was set back to an April 2013 release for additional polish. Two Tribes Games revealed last month that it is working on an experimental "2D shoot em up" called Rewind.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp