Ubisoft's delays of Watch Dogs and The Crew weren't the only factors that caused the company to reduce sales and income targets for its current fiscal year yesterday — a few of the publisher's 2013 titles have underperformed, too.
"Principally the profit warning is related to the postponement of The Crew and Watch Dogs," said Alain Martinez, Ubisoft's chief financial officer, during an investor call yesterday. But he added, "We saw some slowdown on the released games; we believe we were below what we were expecting in our initial target."
In response to an analyst asking Ubisoft officials to clarify that point, Martinez said that "already released games" including "Splinter Cell [Blacklist] and Rayman [Legends], and others" have missed the company's sales targets so far. Ubisoft released Splinter Cell: Blacklist in August, and Rayman Legends in September.
The company was originally expecting total sales for its 2013-14 fiscal year — which runs from April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014 — to come in between €1.42 billion and €1.45 billion (between $1.92 billion and $1.96 billion). In addition to the aforementioned titles, the current fiscal year includes high-profile games such as Just Dance 2014 and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. But without Watch Dogs and The Crew, Ubisoft now expects sales of between €995 million and €1.05 billion for the fiscal year.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Telltale describes the difficulty of starting over in The Walking Dead Season Two
- Goat Simulator's Steam support is the 'most defining and important part'
- Report: Xbox Live could feature targeted political ads
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance adding Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy content
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!