Sony is bringing four existing PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles — Flow, Flower, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes — to PlayStation 4 next month around the time of the console's launch, the company announced today.
Flower developer thatgamecompany announced earlier this year that an outside developer would be porting the 2009 title to PS Vita. The game will be available on both PS Vita and PS4 on Nov. 15, making it a launch title for Sony's new console; it will be playable in 1080p at 60 frames per second. Sound Shapes, the music-based platformer that Queasy Games released on PS3 and PS Vita last year, will also launch alongside the PS4 on Nov. 15.
The first game from thatgamecompany, 2007's Flow, is on its way to PS Vita as well as PS4; it will be released for both systems on Nov. 29. Also coming to PS4 that day is Fun Bits Interactive's Escape Plan, which was a launch title for the PS Vita in North America last year; Sony is "reworking" the game's touch controls for the DualShock 4.
All four games will be Cross-Buy titles across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita (except for Escape Plan, which isn't coming to PS3). More notably, PlayStation Network users who have already purchased any of the games on PS3 or PS Vita will be able to download the PS4 versions at no additional charge.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27