Microsoft's next-gen console, Xbox One, will have dedicated servers available for all multiplayer titles, a Microsoft representative confirmed to Polygon today.
According to the representative, the servers are part of Xbox Live Compute — the console's cloud. Yesterday on NeoGAF, Microsoft director of marketing Albert Penello confirmed to forum users that all developers will have dedicated servers, cloud processing and storage for saves.
"If you want to do dedicated servers on other platforms, you have to prop them yourself," Penello wrote. "But on Xbox One, while developers can choose to use their own methods, we make it available to everyone."
"We offer Xbox Live Compute to all Xbox One developers for free," an Xbox rep later confirmed to Polygon.
Dedicated servers for all multiplayer games, however, isn't guaranteed, as individual developers have control over how they use Xbox Live Compute.
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Controller Design Competition
- The ideal Outfit Which are more Essential Day
- A Simple Style of Wedding Dress for Your Wedding
- Choose a Elegant Wedding Dress for Your Big Day
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II