The release of DriveClub is officially delayed on PlayStation 4 despite initially being included in the system's North American launch lineup, it was confirmed in a post by President of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida.
The launch of both DriveClub and DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition will now be pushed to early 2014, "in order [for Evolution Studios] to deliver on their vision," wrote Yoshida.
DriveClub will still be available as part of the Instant Game Collection once released; however, at the launch of the PS4 the game will be replaced by surreal vaudevillian title Contrast from Compulsion Games as a free title on the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members.
"We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when DriveClub launches, it will realize the next-gen racing vision. And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year," Yoshida continued.
"The extra time we're giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better. We can assure you that it will be worth the wait."
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!