Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City will both be moved to Steam for verification and update services as Microsoft continues the process of shutting down Windows Live services over the next year, it was announced on Steam.
Those who purchased the game on Steam will only be required to download the latest game patch; however, users who purchased the game elsewhere will need to enter their CD Key into Steam.
As a result players will not be able to continue from their last save and will be required to start an entirely new game.
Games for Windows Live services will be discontinued on July 1, 2014. The closure will impact a number of Windows PC titles beyond both Batman games, including Age of Empires Online which will end its service on the same day.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4