I was a Genesis kid. My parents made the choice for me, or at least I think they did. Maybe I mentioned liking Sonic the Hedgehog, whose cool print ads reminded me of Saved by the Bell.
A lot's changed in the past twenty years, and now I wonder if I ever really liked Sonic or if my fandom was a matter of convenience. I really hoped Sonic: Lost World would turn the series around.
If this is your first episode, Friends List is a daily web series in which members of Polygon's editorial staff answer an important, unusual or agitating question related to video games. The goal is to give Polygon's many team members across the globe an opportunity to speak with you directly via video.
Today, I'm joined by Reviews Editor Arthur Gies to answer this question: What's the matter with Sonic? The episode will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET and will be available via YouTube following the recording.
Share your opinion in the comments. We'll field some questions at the end of the episode.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?