I was a Genesis kid. My parents made the choice for me, or at least I think they did. Maybe I mentioned liking Sonic the Hedgehog, whose cool print ads reminded me of Saved by the Bell.
A lot's changed in the past twenty years, and now I wonder if I ever really liked Sonic or if my fandom was a matter of convenience. I really hoped Sonic: Lost World would turn the series around.
If this is your first episode, Friends List is a daily web series in which members of Polygon's editorial staff answer an important, unusual or agitating question related to video games. The goal is to give Polygon's many team members across the globe an opportunity to speak with you directly via video.
Today, I'm joined by Reviews Editor Arthur Gies to answer this question: What's the matter with Sonic? The episode will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET and will be available via YouTube following the recording.
Share your opinion in the comments. We'll field some questions at the end of the episode.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes