Michael Fassbender, the Inglourious Basterds and Prometheus actor set to star in the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie told the Daily Beast that he's waiting on the script, but that the movie is "definitely happening."
Assassin's Creed developer Ubisoft announced Fassbender's involvement in July 2012. The actor, who was Ubisoft's "first choice for the role," is also set to co-produce the movie.
"That's definitely happening," Fassbender said. "We're just developing the script at the moment. I'd heard of it but had never played the game. I don't have a video game player ... that's not what they're called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting — the idea of reliving memories."
In August 2013, Academy Award nominated screenwriter Scott Frank revealed that he was rewriting the Assassin's Creed script.
Ubisoft's chief sales and marketing officer Geoffroy Sardin said in November 2012 that the film would be released in "the next coming year." A May 2013 listing on Box Office Mojo claimed a May 22, 2015 release date.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds