In addition to bringing a handful of the company's Wii U and 3DS titles, Nintendo will host a panel by Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma and a competitive gaming tournament of classic Virtual Console titles at New York Comic Con next week, the company announced today.
Aonuma's panel will be held at 2:45 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11. He will discuss the recently-launched The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and upcoming The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Nintendo will also host a dedicated Kid's Day on Sunday, Oct. 13, during which the company will set up a number of child-friendly activities. These include photo opportunities with a costumed Mario character, "speaking" with Mario in a new "Mario in Real-Time" interactive exhibit and hands-on time with the 2DS.
Attendees who stop by the Nintendo booth (#1436) will have the opportunity to play with the Nintendo 2DS, slated to launch on Oct. 12, as well as a dozen Wii U and 3DS games:
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate(3DS)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)>
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U)
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
- Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (3DS)
- Sonic: Lost World (Wii U and 3DS)
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
- Skylanders SWAP Force (3DS)
Additionally, Nintendo will host competitive tournaments in classic Virtual Console games in room 1E02. The room will also host a number of games currently on and planned for launch on the Nintendo eShop:
- BIT.TRIP Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS)
- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (Wii U)
- Retro City Rampage (3DS)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
- Shovel Knight (Wii U)
- SteamWorld Dig (3DS)
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes (Wii U)
Attendees will be able to purchase Nintendo merchandise at the companies booth, as well as the Nintendo 2DS and Pokemon X and Y when they become available on Oct. 12. New York Comic Con will take place next week, Oct. 10 through 13 at the Javits Center in New York City. Polygon will be in attendance providing coverage of the show.