A new trailer for the latest generation of Pokémon games shows how Pokémon have different Mega Evolutions between the two different versions.
As previously explained, certain Pokémon will activate a special Mega Evolution when they enter battle holding a special stone; the list of Pokémon that can Mega Evolve includes Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, the original starting Pokémon in the Red and Blue versions that kicked the franchise off.
While the previously-revealed Mega Charizard looked like a regular Charizard with extra horns and wing-like appendages, we know now that that was Mega Charizard Y. Mega Charizard X, as revealed in this trailer, has a significantly different appearance including an all-new color scheme.
This particular evolution occurs when a Charizard holds a Charizardite X item; presumably its counterpart results from the use of a Charizardite Y.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y versions hit Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 12.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Getting a PS4
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse