A new trailer for the latest generation of Pokémon games shows how Pokémon have different Mega Evolutions between the two different versions.
As previously explained, certain Pokémon will activate a special Mega Evolution when they enter battle holding a special stone; the list of Pokémon that can Mega Evolve includes Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, the original starting Pokémon in the Red and Blue versions that kicked the franchise off.
While the previously-revealed Mega Charizard looked like a regular Charizard with extra horns and wing-like appendages, we know now that that was Mega Charizard Y. Mega Charizard X, as revealed in this trailer, has a significantly different appearance including an all-new color scheme.
This particular evolution occurs when a Charizard holds a Charizardite X item; presumably its counterpart results from the use of a Charizardite Y.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y versions hit Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 12.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)