A new trailer for the latest generation of Pokémon games shows how Pokémon have different Mega Evolutions between the two different versions.
As previously explained, certain Pokémon will activate a special Mega Evolution when they enter battle holding a special stone; the list of Pokémon that can Mega Evolve includes Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, the original starting Pokémon in the Red and Blue versions that kicked the franchise off.
While the previously-revealed Mega Charizard looked like a regular Charizard with extra horns and wing-like appendages, we know now that that was Mega Charizard Y. Mega Charizard X, as revealed in this trailer, has a significantly different appearance including an all-new color scheme.
This particular evolution occurs when a Charizard holds a Charizardite X item; presumably its counterpart results from the use of a Charizardite Y.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y versions hit Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 12.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible