According to the post, the change is part of an effort to encourage players to explore new content and to keep the game balanced.
"We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout," the post reads. "Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case."
Other changes from the update include a reduced penalty on death, bug fixes and "better-looking" default characters.
Grand Theft Auto Online launched earlier this month to a host of server problems and bugs — including long login waits, missing items and characters, and more.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming