Metal Gear Rising Special Edition is slated for release in Japan on Dec. 5 for 2480 yen (approximately $25) and will include previously released DLC and bonus Raiden armors, Konami revealed on its website.
The special edition will contain the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance game along with the previously released downloadable content packs VR Mission, Jetstream and Bladewolf. The five bonus Raiden armors will also be included, such as Cyborg Ninja Armor, Commando Armor Raiden, Fox Blade White Armor, Inferno Armor and Metal Gear Solid 4 Raiden.
Metal Gear Rising Special Edition will be available at retail — encased in a silver jacket — for PlayStation 3 and download via PlayStation Network.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was released in Japan on Feb. 21 for the PlayStation 3. According to Kojima Productions producer Yuji Korekado, the game wasn't released for Xbox 360 in Japan because the console wasn't popular enough in the region. The title launched in North America on Feb. 19 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
We have reached out to Konami for information regarding a possible western release.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game