The company's upcoming slate of mobile games includes a remastered version of Sonic 2 that is scheduled to be available on iOS and Android next month. Sonic 2 was released on iOS in April 2010, but that version of the classic platformer doesn't support widescreen or Retina displays. The updated iOS release will be provided as a free update to owners of the existing $2.99 game, and the new version will mark the first time Sonic 2 has been available on Android.
Sega is bringing Sumo Digital's Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, last year's well-received multiplatform kart racer, to iOS and Android this winter. The mobile version will feature a World Tour mode designed for on-the-go gaming as well as four-player local and online multiplayer.
Demon Tribe, a combination of a collectible card game and a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) title with action RPG elements, will be available on iOS this winter. Sega originally announced Demon Tribe during the 2012 Tokyo Game Show. The game's executive producer is Masayoshi Kikuchi, who has worked on some of Sega's most beloved titles, including the Yakuza, Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio franchises.
Sega's fourth upcoming mobile title is Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper, which will be available in early 2014 on iOS. The follow-up to the 2012 Nintendo 3DS title Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, the mobile game stars the Rhythm Thief himself, Raphael, in an adventure game with the gameplay of a rhythm title.
For more on Sega's deeper push into mobile games, check out our interview with Sega officials from New York Comic Con.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- PlayStation Store flash sale discounts Braid, Tokyo Jungle and more to just $0.99
- Cel Damage HD out on Tuesday for all PlayStation platforms
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Splinter Cell Echoes comic coming this summer
- Final Fantasy 3 could be coming to PC