The company's upcoming slate of mobile games includes a remastered version of Sonic 2 that is scheduled to be available on iOS and Android next month. Sonic 2 was released on iOS in April 2010, but that version of the classic platformer doesn't support widescreen or Retina displays. The updated iOS release will be provided as a free update to owners of the existing $2.99 game, and the new version will mark the first time Sonic 2 has been available on Android.
Sega is bringing Sumo Digital's Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, last year's well-received multiplatform kart racer, to iOS and Android this winter. The mobile version will feature a World Tour mode designed for on-the-go gaming as well as four-player local and online multiplayer.
Demon Tribe, a combination of a collectible card game and a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) title with action RPG elements, will be available on iOS this winter. Sega originally announced Demon Tribe during the 2012 Tokyo Game Show. The game's executive producer is Masayoshi Kikuchi, who has worked on some of Sega's most beloved titles, including the Yakuza, Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio franchises.
Sega's fourth upcoming mobile title is Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper, which will be available in early 2014 on iOS. The follow-up to the 2012 Nintendo 3DS title Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, the mobile game stars the Rhythm Thief himself, Raphael, in an adventure game with the gameplay of a rhythm title.
For more on Sega's deeper push into mobile games, check out our interview with Sega officials from New York Comic Con.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Payday 2's upcoming add-on pack is an homage to Battlefield
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game