Electronic Arts' president of labels Frank Gibeau revealed in an interview with the New York Times that the company is working on a Battlefield mobile game.
When asked whether he believed that a game like Battlefield could be enjoyed on a smaller screen, Gibeau said that aside from being able to play Battlefield 4 on a tablet in Commander Mode, the studio is already working on a mobile iteration of the series.
"We are working on a mobile game of Battlefield that will be high-end and high performance," Gibeau said. "It's our bet that we can successfully pull that off. But we're embarking on something no one has ever done before — to get these games to inter-operate between platforms. Will it work? It already has in some cases. Will it work for all franchises? Not all franchises will make the transition. Battlefield might be a little harder."
The New York Times' full interview with Gibeau where he talks about the future of gaming can be read here. Polygon reached out to EA for comment, but the studio said it has no announcements to make on this today.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall