Major League Gaming's Fall Invitational drew to a close last week as Team Dignitas and Complexity scored first place finishes for their circuits.
The Fall Invitational took place in Winter Park, Fla., on Oct. 18 - 19. For finishing as the best of four teams competing in Dota 2, Team Dignitas took home $10,000. The team also received an invitation to compete in the International Dota 2 Championship, which takes place in Columbia, Ohio. The runner-up team, Typical Mistakes, was rewarded $5,000. NoM and The Joikernaught rounded out the competition in third and fourth.
Complexity beat out OpTic Gaming for first place in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 competitions, earning themselves $10,000. OpTic takes the second-place prize of $5,000, while 8-12 Unite and Faze came in third and fourth. Both earned MLG Pro Points, which help rank top players and seed future competitions.
The next MLG event takes place Nov. 22 - 24 in Columbus, Ohio. A total of 108 teams will compete in the International event for Call of Duty: Ghosts while nine teams face off in Dota 2.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed