StarCraft 2 players are this week competing to secure the last four seats at next month's Red Bull Battle Grounds contest.
Players are being invited to try their hand to win a place at the event, set to take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, on Nov. 23-24, and with a $50,000 prize pool.
Four of the final eight places have been given to StarCraft 2 competitors based on their previous achievements in Battle Grounds events. They are Jang ‘MC' Min Chul, Jo ‘Golden' Myeong Hwan, Choi ‘Bomber' Ji Sung, and Jens ‘Snute' Aasgaard.
The North America Qualifiers are open only to residents of Canada and the United States of America, and participants must be ranked in Diamond league or higher on the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm 1v1 multiplayer ladder. Registrations are open until all qualification slots are filled.
"There's still opportunity for anyone to join the competition," stated a blog post on Blizzard's Battle.net. "The remaining competitor slots could very well be filled by players like you."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell