StarCraft 2 players are this week competing to secure the last four seats at next month's Red Bull Battle Grounds contest.
Players are being invited to try their hand to win a place at the event, set to take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, on Nov. 23-24, and with a $50,000 prize pool.
Four of the final eight places have been given to StarCraft 2 competitors based on their previous achievements in Battle Grounds events. They are Jang ‘MC' Min Chul, Jo ‘Golden' Myeong Hwan, Choi ‘Bomber' Ji Sung, and Jens ‘Snute' Aasgaard.
The North America Qualifiers are open only to residents of Canada and the United States of America, and participants must be ranked in Diamond league or higher on the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm 1v1 multiplayer ladder. Registrations are open until all qualification slots are filled.
"There's still opportunity for anyone to join the competition," stated a blog post on Blizzard's Battle.net. "The remaining competitor slots could very well be filled by players like you."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules