The PlayStation 4 controller appears to be compatible with some PlayStation 3 games while connected to the console via USB cable, as demonstrated in a video posted by YouTube user Udetto.
After booting up Urban Trial Freestyle, Udetto is able to navigate through the training level with no problem. However, he is unable to make the controller work with FIFA 14. Using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility.
"Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won't work," Udetto said.
We've contacted Sony for comment and will update accordingly. Watch the video above for a look at the controller's PS3 capabilities.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)