The PlayStation 4 controller appears to be compatible with some PlayStation 3 games while connected to the console via USB cable, as demonstrated in a video posted by YouTube user Udetto.
After booting up Urban Trial Freestyle, Udetto is able to navigate through the training level with no problem. However, he is unable to make the controller work with FIFA 14. Using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility.
"Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won't work," Udetto said.
We've contacted Sony for comment and will update accordingly. Watch the video above for a look at the controller's PS3 capabilities.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart