The PlayStation 4 controller appears to be compatible with some PlayStation 3 games while connected to the console via USB cable, as demonstrated in a video posted by YouTube user Udetto.
After booting up Urban Trial Freestyle, Udetto is able to navigate through the training level with no problem. However, he is unable to make the controller work with FIFA 14. Using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility.
"Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won't work," Udetto said.
We've contacted Sony for comment and will update accordingly. Watch the video above for a look at the controller's PS3 capabilities.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?