The PlayStation 4 controller appears to be compatible with some PlayStation 3 games while connected to the console via USB cable, as demonstrated in a video posted by YouTube user Udetto.
After booting up Urban Trial Freestyle, Udetto is able to navigate through the training level with no problem. However, he is unable to make the controller work with FIFA 14. Using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility.
"Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won't work," Udetto said.
We've contacted Sony for comment and will update accordingly. Watch the video above for a look at the controller's PS3 capabilities.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.