The PlayStation 4 controller appears to be compatible with some PlayStation 3 games while connected to the console via USB cable, as demonstrated in a video posted by YouTube user Udetto.
After booting up Urban Trial Freestyle, Udetto is able to navigate through the training level with no problem. However, he is unable to make the controller work with FIFA 14. Using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility.
"Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won't work," Udetto said.
We've contacted Sony for comment and will update accordingly. Watch the video above for a look at the controller's PS3 capabilities.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall