The third Halloween-themed content update for online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 goes live on Oct. 29, a new challenge called the Tower of Nightmares, developer ArenaNet announced today.
The Tower of Nightmares is a weapon built by a reptilian race called the krait. The lore surrounding the Tower will tie into previous Guild Wars 2 storylines, suggesting a link to the world of Tyria beyond its function as a thematic challenge area. Players must team up to discover how to destroy the tower as well as unmask the unnamed allies helping along the krait's plans.
Along with the Tower of Nightmares, the update dropping on Oct. 29 will include a handful of new items. One such item is the Antitoxin Spray, a healing mist that will cleanse players and close-range allies of any poisons or negative effects. Completing the Tower of Nightmares "meta achievement," according to ArenaNet, will also net players a Krait Obelisk Shard artifact to place in their homes.
On Monday, Oct. 28 at 3 p.m. ET, ArenaNet will livestream a preview of Tower of Nightmares on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel.
The previous part of ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2 seasonal festivities, Blood and Madness, launched on Oct. 15.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed