Terraria 2, the sequel to Re-Logic's adventure sandbox game will arrive on multiple platforms around its PC launch, creator Andrew "Redigit" Spinks told Pocket Gamer, saying that it will not see a release on the Nintendo 3DS.
"I am wanting to code Terraria 2 in a more portable language so it can be released on multiple platforms at launch or close to launch," Spinks told Pocket Gamer. "3DS is something I was very interested in getting Terraria on but the system unfortunately cannot run Terraria the way it needs to be ran."
Earlier this month, Spinks revealed that the sequel to Terraria was in the planning stages, outlining that the game will will have 'infinite worlds' to explore and more biome diversity. Released on Windows PC in 2011, the original Terraria is available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, iOS and Android devices.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?