Nintendo will launch a new Wii U Deluxe set on Nov. 1, featuring New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U on a single disk, the company announced today.
The new Deluxe set will be priced at $299.99 in North America, replacing the previously released Wii U Deluxe Set which included Nintendo Land. Nintendo Land will still be available for purchase, however, and will be made available in stores and on the Nintendo eShop for $29.99 starting Nov. 1.
Additionally, the Wii U Deluxe bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will still be available at a retail price of $299.99.
"This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales and Marketing, in a prepared statement. "It's another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season."
We've contacted Nintendo for details on whether the new Wii U Deluxe set will be made available outside of North America and will update when more information is available.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles