The placement requirements of the new Kinect for Microsoft's Xbox One will be similar to that of the original Kinect, but players will be able to stand closer to the sensor, according to a leaked Brazilian version of the console's manual that was posted to NeoGAF.
The manual shows that the new Kinect sensor should be placed no higher than 1.8 meters (approximately six feet) from the ground and no lower than 0.6 meters (approximately two feet). Players should also stand at least 1.4 meters (approximately five feet) from the sensor.
The original Kinect also required players to position the sensor between two and six feet from the floor, but players had to stand back six feet if they were playing alone, and eight feet if there were two players. The play space also had to be at least six feet wide, but no longer or wider than 12 feet. The new Kinect offers a 60 percent wider field of view.
We have reached out to Microsoft to confirm the authenticity of the manual.
The Kinect on Xbox One will launch with the console in North America on Nov. 22, 2013.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design