Developer Infinity Ward released the official minimum system requirements for the Windows PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts today in an effort to "make sure that your PC is ready to go on November 5."
The hardware and software requirements mostly line up with the specs posted on Nvidia's GeForce website earlier this month — which Activision said at the time were "unofficial." They are as follows.
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.
The developer says the Windows PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is "set to be one of the best Call of Duty experiences ever." It will hit alongside the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U versions of the game on Nov. 5.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27