With DualShock 4 controllers now appearing on retail shelves, gamers are getting to grips with figuring out which PlayStation 3 games work with the new controller.
A Reddit thread has been opened to handle the issue, offering an initial list of games. Users are being invited to add to the list.
"I just got my DualShock 4 today, and have noticed some games work, and some don't," wrote thread organizer Lapwner. "So, let's try to create a list so people can see which games work and which games don't. Note that the motion sensing does not work, so even though some games work with the controller, if they are reliant on the motion sensing, then they probably aren't worth playing it with."
The current list of compatible games includes:
- Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
- Castle Crashers
- Portal 2
- Far Cry 2
- The Last of Us
- LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
- Uncharted 1/2/3
- Red Dead Redemption
- Infamous + Infamous 2
- Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
- Killzone 3
- Dead Space
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
- Tomb Raider
- Dark Souls
- Battlefield 3
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Super Stardust HD
- Diablo 3
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Resistance 3
- Jak and Daxter HD Collection (only the analog sticks work)
- Gran Turismo 5
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Xbox Live users experiencing sign-in problems, 'not a Titanfall issue'
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- SuperTrip bringing augmented reality exploration to Kickstarter March 13
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Oculus adds former Valve VR lead engineer as chief architect
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?