With DualShock 4 controllers now appearing on retail shelves, gamers are getting to grips with figuring out which PlayStation 3 games work with the new controller.
A Reddit thread has been opened to handle the issue, offering an initial list of games. Users are being invited to add to the list.
"I just got my DualShock 4 today, and have noticed some games work, and some don't," wrote thread organizer Lapwner. "So, let's try to create a list so people can see which games work and which games don't. Note that the motion sensing does not work, so even though some games work with the controller, if they are reliant on the motion sensing, then they probably aren't worth playing it with."
The current list of compatible games includes:
- Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
- Castle Crashers
- Portal 2
- Far Cry 2
- The Last of Us
- LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
- Uncharted 1/2/3
- Red Dead Redemption
- Infamous + Infamous 2
- Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
- Killzone 3
- Dead Space
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
- Tomb Raider
- Dark Souls
- Battlefield 3
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Super Stardust HD
- Diablo 3
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Resistance 3
- Jak and Daxter HD Collection (only the analog sticks work)
- Gran Turismo 5
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Is Sniper Elite 3 the first shooter that is boring on purpose?
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Linux users: GoG.com lauches more than 50 games for you
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Sony: We settled PSN hack suit to avoid trial costs, but 'continue to deny the allegations'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward