With DualShock 4 controllers now appearing on retail shelves, gamers are getting to grips with figuring out which PlayStation 3 games work with the new controller.
A Reddit thread has been opened to handle the issue, offering an initial list of games. Users are being invited to add to the list.
"I just got my DualShock 4 today, and have noticed some games work, and some don't," wrote thread organizer Lapwner. "So, let's try to create a list so people can see which games work and which games don't. Note that the motion sensing does not work, so even though some games work with the controller, if they are reliant on the motion sensing, then they probably aren't worth playing it with."
The current list of compatible games includes:
- Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
- Castle Crashers
- Portal 2
- Far Cry 2
- The Last of Us
- LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
- Uncharted 1/2/3
- Red Dead Redemption
- Infamous + Infamous 2
- Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
- Killzone 3
- Dead Space
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
- Tomb Raider
- Dark Souls
- Battlefield 3
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Super Stardust HD
- Diablo 3
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Resistance 3
- Jak and Daxter HD Collection (only the analog sticks work)
- Gran Turismo 5
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
- 30-day P90X program comes to Xbox Fitness for $59.99
- Here's a first look at Agent 47 in the upcoming movie 'Hitman: Agent 47'
- The cheesy '60s Batman and Robin are in Lego Batman 3 (and so is Bat-Cow)
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward