Rockstar Games will release the first add-on content, the Beach Bum Pack, for Grand Theft Auto 5 this November, the developer said today, and plans to release the first part GTA Online's Content Creator sometime this fall. In addition, the developer says it continues to work on fixing player progress loss issues before it hands out promised in-game currency.
"We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back," Rockstar said. "We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash."
Rockstar dates the Beach Bum Pack, which adds new beach-themed vehicles and weapons for GTA Online and GTA 5's story mode, for early November. The pack will also bring new customization options and new Jobs to GTA Online.
GTA Online's Content Creator, the user-generated content editor for the game's multiplayer mode, will begin its roll out this fall, letting player create custom Deathmatch and Race Jobs. Rockstar plans to feature "exceptional" player-created content through Rockstar Social Club events, which the developer plans to start hosting in November.
Both the Beach Bum Pack and Content Creator will be available for free. Further details on Social Club event weekends for Grand Theft Auto 5 are available at Rockstar's website.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible