Rockstar Games will release the first add-on content, the Beach Bum Pack, for Grand Theft Auto 5 this November, the developer said today, and plans to release the first part GTA Online's Content Creator sometime this fall. In addition, the developer says it continues to work on fixing player progress loss issues before it hands out promised in-game currency.
"We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back," Rockstar said. "We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash."
Rockstar dates the Beach Bum Pack, which adds new beach-themed vehicles and weapons for GTA Online and GTA 5's story mode, for early November. The pack will also bring new customization options and new Jobs to GTA Online.
GTA Online's Content Creator, the user-generated content editor for the game's multiplayer mode, will begin its roll out this fall, letting player create custom Deathmatch and Race Jobs. Rockstar plans to feature "exceptional" player-created content through Rockstar Social Club events, which the developer plans to start hosting in November.
Both the Beach Bum Pack and Content Creator will be available for free. Further details on Social Club event weekends for Grand Theft Auto 5 are available at Rockstar's website.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31