Japanese copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 tone down the game's sexual content and remove gameplay entirely for its infamous torture scene, Kotaku reports.
In the video above, Kotaku compares both the English and Japanese versions of the game back-to-back. Sex-related scenes are edited or changed to be slightly less offensive. During Grand Theft Auto 5's torture scene, gameplay portions are skipped in favor of cutscenes. You can watch the video for the comparison, but be warned it contains plot spoilers and mature content.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27