Japanese copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 tone down the game's sexual content and remove gameplay entirely for its infamous torture scene, Kotaku reports.
In the video above, Kotaku compares both the English and Japanese versions of the game back-to-back. Sex-related scenes are edited or changed to be slightly less offensive. During Grand Theft Auto 5's torture scene, gameplay portions are skipped in favor of cutscenes. You can watch the video for the comparison, but be warned it contains plot spoilers and mature content.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?