Xbox One early adopters will get to play some Kinect Sports at launch after all, Microsoft announced today. Microsoft will release Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason, a free "trial experience" sampling of the full game, on Nov. 22, when the next-gen Xbox launches in North America, Europe and Australia.
Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason will feature wake racing, one of the game's six activities. The trial version will also include exclusive in-game rewards and, through March 2014, monthly multiplayer challenges that unlock those rewards.
Xbox One owners who download the Preseason trial between Nov. 22 - 30 can unlock bonuses like a "Founder" player title, a Kinect Sports Rivals wetsuit and a wake racer. Also available to download on Nov. 22 will be the Kinect Sports Rivals Hub, where players can keep track of global competitive and local multiplayer challenges.
Kinect Sports Rivals was originally announced as an Xbox One launch title. The next-gen follow-up to Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports: Season Two includes six activities: climbing, wake racing, soccer, target shooting, bowling and tennis.
In July, Microsoft confirmed that Rivals was being pushed back to spring 2014 so developer Rare could polish the game further.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today