Xbox One early adopters will get to play some Kinect Sports at launch after all, Microsoft announced today. Microsoft will release Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason, a free "trial experience" sampling of the full game, on Nov. 22, when the next-gen Xbox launches in North America, Europe and Australia.
Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason will feature wake racing, one of the game's six activities. The trial version will also include exclusive in-game rewards and, through March 2014, monthly multiplayer challenges that unlock those rewards.
Xbox One owners who download the Preseason trial between Nov. 22 - 30 can unlock bonuses like a "Founder" player title, a Kinect Sports Rivals wetsuit and a wake racer. Also available to download on Nov. 22 will be the Kinect Sports Rivals Hub, where players can keep track of global competitive and local multiplayer challenges.
Kinect Sports Rivals was originally announced as an Xbox One launch title. The next-gen follow-up to Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports: Season Two includes six activities: climbing, wake racing, soccer, target shooting, bowling and tennis.
In July, Microsoft confirmed that Rivals was being pushed back to spring 2014 so developer Rare could polish the game further.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!