An Xbox One Kinect TV mount, featuring a cover to block the device's cameras, by gaming accessory and peripheral manufacturer PDP is available for pre-order from online retailers for $19.99.
Listed by Amazon to launch on Dec. 4, the mount's description says that it blocks both RGB and IR cameras. According to listing, the bracket is adaptable with almost any flatscreen TV to mount the Xbox One Kinect hardware onto, stating the mount's "privacy cover" protects users privacy by blocking both the Kinect's RGB and IR cameras.
Earlier this month, director of product planning Albert Penello assured NeoGAF forum users that the Kinect was not designed with ad functionality in mind. Penello wrote that nobody at Microsoft is working on a project where the Xbox One Kinect's features — such as the ability to see expressions and engagement — could be used to target advertising.
The Xbox One and Kinect will launch in North America on Nov. 22, 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- XBOne Classifieds
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux