An Xbox One Kinect TV mount, featuring a cover to block the device's cameras, by gaming accessory and peripheral manufacturer PDP is available for pre-order from online retailers for $19.99.
Listed by Amazon to launch on Dec. 4, the mount's description says that it blocks both RGB and IR cameras. According to listing, the bracket is adaptable with almost any flatscreen TV to mount the Xbox One Kinect hardware onto, stating the mount's "privacy cover" protects users privacy by blocking both the Kinect's RGB and IR cameras.
Earlier this month, director of product planning Albert Penello assured NeoGAF forum users that the Kinect was not designed with ad functionality in mind. Penello wrote that nobody at Microsoft is working on a project where the Xbox One Kinect's features — such as the ability to see expressions and engagement — could be used to target advertising.
The Xbox One and Kinect will launch in North America on Nov. 22, 2013.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order