Voice Actor Elias Toufexis, known best for his role as Deux Ex: Human Revolution lead Adam Jensen, was fired from the starring role in Far Cry 3 as Ubisoft worried gamers would confuse both protagonists, Toufexis said during the MCM Comic Con in London.
Toufexis worked on Far Cry 3 for two years while recording the voice of Jason Brody until the 2011 release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution when Ubisoft feared the voices between characters were too similar.
According to Toufexis, the distinctive nature of his voice has "lost me jobs."
"In fact, I shouldn't say this, but there's a game called Far Cry 3, which I'm sure you guys know, where I had played Jason Brody," said Toufexis. "I played him for two years, did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that... ‘we don't want people playing this game and thinking of another game.'
"It's justifiable," he said, "it's understandable, but my normal voice is what I used for that character too. So now it's like I'm losing work because Jensen is so popular."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta