Voice Actor Elias Toufexis, known best for his role as Deux Ex: Human Revolution lead Adam Jensen, was fired from the starring role in Far Cry 3 as Ubisoft worried gamers would confuse both protagonists, Toufexis said during the MCM Comic Con in London.
Toufexis worked on Far Cry 3 for two years while recording the voice of Jason Brody until the 2011 release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution when Ubisoft feared the voices between characters were too similar.
According to Toufexis, the distinctive nature of his voice has "lost me jobs."
"In fact, I shouldn't say this, but there's a game called Far Cry 3, which I'm sure you guys know, where I had played Jason Brody," said Toufexis. "I played him for two years, did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that... ‘we don't want people playing this game and thinking of another game.'
"It's justifiable," he said, "it's understandable, but my normal voice is what I used for that character too. So now it's like I'm losing work because Jensen is so popular."
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine