Voice Actor Elias Toufexis, known best for his role as Deux Ex: Human Revolution lead Adam Jensen, was fired from the starring role in Far Cry 3 as Ubisoft worried gamers would confuse both protagonists, Toufexis said during the MCM Comic Con in London.
Toufexis worked on Far Cry 3 for two years while recording the voice of Jason Brody until the 2011 release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution when Ubisoft feared the voices between characters were too similar.
According to Toufexis, the distinctive nature of his voice has "lost me jobs."
"In fact, I shouldn't say this, but there's a game called Far Cry 3, which I'm sure you guys know, where I had played Jason Brody," said Toufexis. "I played him for two years, did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that... ‘we don't want people playing this game and thinking of another game.'
"It's justifiable," he said, "it's understandable, but my normal voice is what I used for that character too. So now it's like I'm losing work because Jensen is so popular."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward