DriveClub's lighting, AI and audio are still being improved, according to a trio of videos for the PlayStation 4 exclusive released yesterday on Evolution Studios' Facebook page.
DriveClub was originally slated to launch along the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Last week, Evolution Studios announced that the game has been delayed to early 2014 to allow for additional polish.
In posts accompanying the videos, Evolution Studios notes that many visual features of DriveClub have yet to be finalized and are still undergoing extensive polish. The studio is still tweaking the way the sun and clouds appear as well as ambient lighting within the vehicles itself, as the team is currently working "to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics."
Audio, AI and reflections within mirrors are also being tweaked, "because we care about even the smallest details," according to one of the Facebook posts. "You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development."
Once these upgrades have been implemented, Evolution Studios wrote that the team will share footage of a full race with its fans. As for when this will happen, Evolution wrote that viewers "won't have to wait much longer."
Check out the three videos embedded below: the Norway Impact race, which takes players alongside a mountain; the Scotland Racing circuit, which also offers a glimpse at the game's current AI opponents; and the India Stampede through the tropical Bandipur forest.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot listed on Steam Greenlight
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Sniper Elite 3 will give British satirist the chance to shoot himself
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Teaser video suggests Grid sequel announcement on Tuesday
- SOE president says H1Z1 makers are 'fans and contributors' of DayZ
- Art exhibit blends video games with religious iconography
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC