DriveClub's lighting, AI and audio are still being improved, according to a trio of videos for the PlayStation 4 exclusive released yesterday on Evolution Studios' Facebook page.
DriveClub was originally slated to launch along the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Last week, Evolution Studios announced that the game has been delayed to early 2014 to allow for additional polish.
In posts accompanying the videos, Evolution Studios notes that many visual features of DriveClub have yet to be finalized and are still undergoing extensive polish. The studio is still tweaking the way the sun and clouds appear as well as ambient lighting within the vehicles itself, as the team is currently working "to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics."
Audio, AI and reflections within mirrors are also being tweaked, "because we care about even the smallest details," according to one of the Facebook posts. "You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development."
Once these upgrades have been implemented, Evolution Studios wrote that the team will share footage of a full race with its fans. As for when this will happen, Evolution wrote that viewers "won't have to wait much longer."
Check out the three videos embedded below: the Norway Impact race, which takes players alongside a mountain; the Scotland Racing circuit, which also offers a glimpse at the game's current AI opponents; and the India Stampede through the tropical Bandipur forest.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine