DriveClub's lighting, AI and audio are still being improved, according to a trio of videos for the PlayStation 4 exclusive released yesterday on Evolution Studios' Facebook page.
DriveClub was originally slated to launch along the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Last week, Evolution Studios announced that the game has been delayed to early 2014 to allow for additional polish.
In posts accompanying the videos, Evolution Studios notes that many visual features of DriveClub have yet to be finalized and are still undergoing extensive polish. The studio is still tweaking the way the sun and clouds appear as well as ambient lighting within the vehicles itself, as the team is currently working "to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics."
Audio, AI and reflections within mirrors are also being tweaked, "because we care about even the smallest details," according to one of the Facebook posts. "You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development."
Once these upgrades have been implemented, Evolution Studios wrote that the team will share footage of a full race with its fans. As for when this will happen, Evolution wrote that viewers "won't have to wait much longer."
Check out the three videos embedded below: the Norway Impact race, which takes players alongside a mountain; the Scotland Racing circuit, which also offers a glimpse at the game's current AI opponents; and the India Stampede through the tropical Bandipur forest.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Turns out, Sony doesn't much care for EA Access
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
- Japanese console market down 16 percent
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- Twitch starts streaming live music today
- Neverwinter MMO is coming to Xbox One next year
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?