DriveClub's lighting, AI and audio are still being improved, according to a trio of videos for the PlayStation 4 exclusive released yesterday on Evolution Studios' Facebook page.
DriveClub was originally slated to launch along the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Last week, Evolution Studios announced that the game has been delayed to early 2014 to allow for additional polish.
In posts accompanying the videos, Evolution Studios notes that many visual features of DriveClub have yet to be finalized and are still undergoing extensive polish. The studio is still tweaking the way the sun and clouds appear as well as ambient lighting within the vehicles itself, as the team is currently working "to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics."
Audio, AI and reflections within mirrors are also being tweaked, "because we care about even the smallest details," according to one of the Facebook posts. "You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development."
Once these upgrades have been implemented, Evolution Studios wrote that the team will share footage of a full race with its fans. As for when this will happen, Evolution wrote that viewers "won't have to wait much longer."
Check out the three videos embedded below: the Norway Impact race, which takes players alongside a mountain; the Scotland Racing circuit, which also offers a glimpse at the game's current AI opponents; and the India Stampede through the tropical Bandipur forest.
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Game of Thrones: Ascent coming to mobile this spring
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Dark Souls 2 trailer promises certain death, plays Jethro Tull
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- DragonVale dev Backflip enters the publishing business with Backflip Publishing
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Zombot: former Bungie, Rockstar, Ubi devs bringing AAA to mobile
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?